Tantric journey is committed to ensuring that a high level of client care and ethics is met. We have a sincere commitment to provide the highest quality of care to those who seek our professional services and .as a result we have developed our own code of ethics which we abide by both before, during and after any treatment performed.
Standard Code of Ethics
This code of ethics governs all work carried out by Tantric Journey and is put in place to safeguard clients and maintain the highest standards of work.
- Consistently maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence, striving for professional excellence through regular assessment of personal and professional strengths and weaknesses and through continued education training. This takes the form of therapists seeking continued training and education as well as undergoing bodywork treatments themselves to ensure that they are in good emotional and physical health.
- Acknowledge the limitations of and contraindications for Tantric Journey massage and bodywork. Having researched the effects of how Tantric Journey and deep bodywork can affect clients as they go into a process of emotional release all Tantric Journey therapists are trained and equipped with knowledge of how to handle a healing crisis as well as how to support a client after a treatment. If upon completing a client record card the therapist considers that Tantric Journey is not suitable for a client’s needs and treatment expectations this will be expressed to the client.
- Conduct our business and professional activities with honesty and integrity, and respect the inherent worth of all persons.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of all client information.
- Respect the client’s right to treatment with informed and voluntary consent.
- Respect the client’s right to refuse, modify or terminate treatment regardless of prior consent given.
- Provide treatment in a way that ensures the safety, comfort and privacy of the client.
- Exercise the right to refuse to treat any person or part of the body for just and reasonable cause.
- Respect the client’s boundaries with regard to privacy, disclosure, exposure, emotional expression, beliefs and the client’s reasonable expectations of professional behaviour.
What you can expect from Tantric Journey:
Before your session
Explain in detail our work and ensure that you understand what a typical session might entail
- Establish what your treatment expectations and outcome goals are
- Take time to answer any questions you may have regarding treatment and furnish you with any information you request.
- Complete a detailed client record card
- Bring the code of ethics to your attention and explain any symptoms/side-effects you may experience after a treatment
- Offer you the opportunity to bring a chaperone with you
During your session
The emotional and physical well being of each and every client is treated with the utmost respect. During a Tantric Journey treatment we will:
- Respect your human rights and any differences in belief, culture, ethnicity and sexuality
- Ask questions regarding your health merely to accurately gauge levels of stress, extent of injuries, current emotional state and establish personal goals in the treatment.
- Respect your personal choices and preferences
- Get your written consent before undertaking any aspect of treatment
- At all times honour your personal boundaries
- Respect your right to change your mind at any stage of the treatment without question
- Accommodate your chaperone, who may be present in the room while you are in session
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, providing services in an ethical and professional manner in relation to all clientele.
- Endeavour to serve the best interests of clients at all times and to provide the highest quality service possible.
- Maintain clear, honest and confidential communications with clients.
- Acknowledge the limitations of our skills and, when necessary, refer clients to the appropriate qualified health care professional
- We shall in no way instigate or tolerate any kind of sexual advance while acting in the capacity of a massage, bodywork or Tantric Journey Session
After your session
Respect your confidentiality
- Honour and respect our client-practitioner relationship
- Offer you support and guidance through the post-treatment stage: clients will be given an information sheet explaining common symptoms, receive a follow-up text inviting them to talk to the practitioner.
- The practitioner will make themselves available to answer questions and counsel a client either over the phone or in person (with an appointment).
- Never publish any testimonial or extract of your treatment record unless you give express written permission.
Client’s Rights and Responsibilities
Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Client of Tantric Journey
We ask you to observe the Code of Conduct, act responsibly and be aware that personal awareness can help ensure your satisfaction, comfort and safety.
As a Tantric Journey client, it is your responsibility to:
- Communicate your preferences, expectations and concerns;
- Communicate complete and accurate health information and reasons for your visit;
- Treat therapists with courtesy and respect;
As a Tantric Journey client you have the right to:
- A clean, safe and comfortable environment;
- Stop a treatment at any time, for any reason;
- Be treated with consideration, dignity and respect;
- Confidential treatment of your disclosed health information;
- Confidential treatment of your treatment records
- Ask questions